Monday, May 4, 2009

Labor Vibes

As you can imagine, I am ready to go at any time now. I'm currently 5 days away from my due date and movement and working (pretty much anything) is hard work and pretty miserable right now. I've gotten lots of suggestions on how to get this baby to emerge, but I have come to terms with the fact that she'll get here when she's ready and not a minute sooner. I'm not sure what is keeping her. It could be the foods I've been subjecting her to lately. Unlike early on in the pregnancy, I've been allowing myself to indulge lately and it's a possibility she likes it. In speaking with her earlier during the pregnancy, I thought that it was clear that I wanted her to vacate the premises no later than the 1st of May. I didn't however get it in writing so, lesson learned. Please everyone send me some labor vibes. Last night, every ache that I had got me thinking I was going into labor until I realized that the pain didn't hurt quite enough to be a contraction. There must be an end in site. She can't stay in there forever. Or can she?

3 comments:

Aimee said...

I was talking to someone the other day that had their baby a month after the due date.

Kisses!
Aimee

Arlene Foster said...

You are dead to me.

Danielle said...

I know lots of people that went waayyy past their due dates too, sorry chicka!

My advice is: Eat lots of bologna (my co-worker swears that's why Brooklynn broke out early, she was sick and tired of eating it everyday for weeks and couldn't stand the thought of having ot eat it one more time).